From 2007 to 2018 and on – a feat only you and I were to carry. We shuffled, we tangoed; and now, it is us three. We give and take – in the process, it is love that we make. I am grateful for you, my everdearest.
Here’s Bryce’s latest song where he automatically bust out some moves—Blackwater Man.
And just like that, a week has happened.
We started the new year with a new experience of celebrating it with us three—our little family. In the dark skyline we watched sprouting fireworks with as less booming noise as ever.
We prepared Quiche Lorraine (sans pastry) during Jaycelle’s tea party birthday celebration and 4 out of 5 approved of the taste.
We lifted the recipe from Betty Crocker.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped caramelized onion
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a bowl, beat eggs slightly along all filling ingredients. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Test by poking a knife in center and must come out smoothly.
- Take it out of the oven and stare at it for 10 minutes before devouring.
He was eyeing the jar of Nutella from days before when we bought it for our planned Nutella Pancakes on anniversary morning.
He woke up ahead of his mom and asked for that same jar.
The Nutella Monster was born!
This is why I look forward to coming home – coming home to be with Jaycelle and Bryce.
Just this morning, I left them playing in the playground – sliding in the wet slide under the morning sun while everyone’s either gone for work or still on vacation.
It’s been a long time coming and finally, it’s here in its printed format!
It’s really easy to layout this photo book because everything is in full frame.
I was in for a rollercoaster ride with Jaycelle and Bryce and I am in awe with our dynamics in going about life that we’ve never experienced before.